Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Best Pizza Crust I've made Thus Far

I haven't tried a ton of pizza crust recipes, but I just tried this one last night and we loved it! I used white flour, but I"m sure you could use wheat or a combination of the two. 

King Arthur Pizza Crust

  • 2 teaspoons active dry yeast or instant yeast
  • 7/8 to 1 1/8 cups lukewarm water*
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
  • 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
  • *Use the lesser amount in summer (or in a humid environment), the greater amount in winter (or in a dry climate), and somewhere in between the rest of the year, or if your house is climate controlled.
  • Kalli's Note:  The directions are really really long, but it's really not that hard, it's just a basic dough recipe "mix, rise, punch down, shape, rise, bake". Since they're super long, I didn't want to add them to this post, so just go here if you want to make the recipe.  I think they just wrote them out very detailed.  
  • It says to shape the dough and then let it rise again, but I didn't do that because I don't like really puffy crust, and I was in a rush.  It turned out great like that.  ****I also buttered the crust and sprinkled garlic salt and a little parmesan on it before baking and it was really good!  it was like breadsticks plus pizza :).  I highly recommend doing this ****

No comments:

Post a Comment