Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Good Old Fashioned Pancakes

I also found this pancake recipe on allrecipes.com and really liked it as well.  My kids and I tried to tell which one we liked better between this and the Fluffy Pancakes and it was hard to say. They're both very similar except this doesn't have quite as many ingredients to bother with and seems to make just a tiny bit less batter than the other recipe.

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour - sifted
3 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp white sugar
1 1/4 cups milk
1 egg
3 Tbsp butter - melted

1- In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.

2- Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg, and melted butter; mix until smooth. (I made this recipe exactly as stated and it was great. However, next time I think I'll whip the egg slightly before adding it.)

3- Heat a lightly oiled griddle over medium heat.  Scoop the batter onto the griddle, using about 1/4 cup for each pancake.  Brown on both sides and serve hot.

(Servings: 8 = 16 small pancakes ...if everyone only eats two)
*I made this again and had to make 12 servings instead of 8 (for two adults and four young kids) in order to fill everyone's tummies.  I might even make a double batch next time so we can have some extras to snack on later.

No comments:

Post a Comment