Saturday, December 29, 2012

Saltine Cracker Toffee

I think I remember making this in a Jr High or High school cooking class. I loved it and wanted to make it again so I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com. It is really easy and yummy! I also like that it gives you the same taste and texture of a thicker piece of toffee without the expense of using tons of butter and sugar. Ingredients: 4 ounces saltine crackers 1 cup butter 1 cup dark brown sugar 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips 3/4 cup chopped pecans Directions: 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). 2. Line cookie sheet with saltine crackers in single layer. 3. In a saucepan combine the sugar and the butter. Bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes. Immediately pour over saltines and spread t cover crackers completely. 4. Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top. Let sit for 5 minutes. Spread melted chocolate and top with chopped nuts. Cool completely and break into pieces. Kalli's Note: I haven't made it with the pecans before since I usually don't buy them, and I liked it a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment